Ohio State's Office of Military and Veterans Services
September 23, 2014
"Consider that today, 50 ROTC cadets in your graduating class will become commissioned officers in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines. 130 of your fellow graduates have already served -- some in combat, some on multiple deployments. Of the 98 Veterans earning bachelor's degrees today, 20 are graduating with honors. And at least one kept serving his fellow Veterans when he came home by helping to start up a campus organization called Vets4Vets. As your Commander-in-Chief, I could not be prouder of all of you." -- President Barack Obama, The Ohio State University Commencement, May 5, 2013
The Office of Military and Veterans Services is the university's single point of contact for all military and veterans services and concerns. The office strives to ensure the academic success of Ohio State's student-veterans. Any student utilizing VA education benefits must work with this office as part of their registration and enrollment in The Ohio State University.
Some of the office's services include:
- Manage the VA certification and registration for all Veterans education benefits to which student-veterans and their dependents are entitled.
- Coordinate all VA education benefit and payment activities with the Student Services Center, the Office of the Registrar, the Bursar, Financial Aid, and Student Records.
- Assist students with accessing essential university services such as Academic Exploration & Advising, Student Advocacy, Counseling & Consultation, and Disability Services.
- Connect students with State and Federal agencies that support veterans.
185 Student Academic Services Building
281 W. Lane Ave, Columbus, OH 43210
- Michael Carrell, Assistant Provost & Director, 614-292-3898
- Michael Forrest, Director, Veterans Transition & Services, 614-292-7047
- Terry Worst, Senior Veterans Benefits Specialist, 614-688-1579
- Gina Lee, Veterans Benefits Specialist, 614-292-3453
- Brad Fittes, Academic Advisor, 614-292-6908
- Angela Abel, Dept of VA, VetSuccess on Campus Counselor, 614-688-1602
Brad Fittes holds walk-in Academic Advising hours during the following days/times below:
- Monday-Friday 8:30 - 11:00 & 1:00 - 4:00
Students are also welcome to contact Brad directly by phone or e-mail to set up a scheduled appointment during or outside of these hours.
Angela Abel holds walk-in hours during the following days/times below:
- Tuesdays: 9:30am-12pm
- Fridays: 1-3:30pm
The following partners will also be holding office hours on a recurring basis in our office space:
Counseling and Consultation Services:
James Beauchemin, Ph.D., Senior Staff Therapist, will be available on Fridays during the 2016 Spring Semester on these dates:
- January 22: 10 AM - 12 PM
- February 5, 12: 10 AM - 12 PM
- March 4, 11, 18: 10 AM - 12 PM
- April 1, 8, 15: 10 AM - 12 PM
Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Healthcare
Jason Digiannantoni, LISW-S, OEF/OIF/OND Outreach Coordinator is available in the Spring:
- January 14, 1-3 PM
- February 11, 1-3 PM In the Veterans Lounge
- February 18, 25, 1-3 PM
You may also schedule an appointment with Jason at 614-257-5393.
We look forward to serving you.