Sign In

Brutus Statue at the Ohio Union​​

When Called to Duty

Military Deployment: What do I do when called to active duty?

When students are called to active military duty, it is the university’s intention to make their transition out of the university as smooth and problem free as possible. 

Contact either Terry Worst (688-1579) or Gina Lee (292-3453) in the OSU Office of Military & Veterans Services to initiate this process and discuss the steps you will need to take to withdraw. For a review of steps you need to take when you learn that you will be deployed, visit the Military Call to Active Duty page.

How do I return to OSU after serving on active military duty?

If you have taken classes at OSU, were called to active military duty, and now wish to return to OSU, click here for a checklist of steps you need to take in order to re-enr​oll in classes at OSU and to be eligible for federal financial aid.  We also recommend that you take the following steps to ensure a smooth transition to the university as a whole:

  1. Contact Terry Worst (688-1579) or Gina Lee (292-3453) in the OSU Office of Military & Veterans Services to be sure that your GI Bill Benefits are confirmed for your enrollment

  2. Confirm your housing.  If you want to live on campus, contact the OSU Housing Office or available housing options.  If you want to live off campus, contact Off Campus Student Services for information regarding available off campus housing and for assistance in finding a roommate.

  3. If applicable, contact the Office for Disability Services to arrange for accommodations in the classroom

  4. Re-establish connections.  If you have previously received counseling or medical care from the university or the VA, be sure to make contact with those offices to begin receiving services.​