Ohio State's Military and Veterans Services
"Consider that today, 50 ROTC cadets in your graduating class will become commissioned officers in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines. 130 of your fellow graduates have already served -- some in combat, some on multiple deployments. Of the 98 Veterans earning bachelor's degrees today, 20 are graduating with honors. And at least one kept serving his fellow Veterans when he came home by helping to start up a campus organization called Vets4Vets. As your Commander-in-Chief, I could not be prouder of all of you." -- President Barack Obama, The Ohio State University Commencement, May 5, 2013
Military and Veterans Services is the university's single point of contact for all military and veterans services and concerns. The office strives to ensure the academic success of Ohio State's student-veterans. Any student utilizing VA education benefits must work with this office as part of their registration and enrollment in The Ohio State University.
Some of the office's services include:
Manage the VA certification and registration for all Veterans education benefits to which Student-Veterans and dependents are entitled.
Coordinate all VA education benefit and payment activities with Buckeye Link, the Office of the Registrar, the Bursar, Financial Aid, and Student Records.
Assist students with accessing essential university services such as Academic Exploration & Advising, Student Advocacy, Counseling & Consultation, and Disability Services.
Connect students with State and Federal agencies that support veterans.
Our Location & Hours:
185 Student Academic Services Building (Mon-Thurs 8:30am-4:30pm; Fri 8:30am-4pm)
281 W. Lane Ave, Columbus, OH 43210
Michael Carrell, Assistant Vice Provost & Director, 614-292-3898
Michael Forrest, Director, Veterans Transition & Services, 614-292-7047
Josh Clasen, Senior Veterans Benefits Specialist, 614-292-4506
Gina Lee, Veterans Benefits Specialist, 614-292-3453
Amanda Patterson, Senior Undergraduate Academic Advisor, 614-292-6908
- Ed Mathews, Dept of VA, VetSuccess on Campus Counselor, 614-688-1602
Amanda holds walk-in Academic Advising hours during the following days/times below:
- Tuesday & Thursday from 9am-12pm
Ed will hold walk-in during the following days/times below:
Students are welcome to call and make appointments for times outside of these hours.
The following partners will also be holding office hours on a recurring basis in our spaces:
OSU Counseling and Consultation Services:
- Fall 2019 Schedule: Berhane Messay and Danielle Henn will have appointments in the Younkin Success Center available for Military-Connected Students. To schedule, please call the center at 614-292-5766--please note that you are a military-connected student when calling to expedite the process.
OSU Career Counseling and Support Services, Ryan Wilhelm:
- Fall 2019: Veterans Lounge the 4th Wednesday of the month from 9 AM -12 PM
Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Healthcare, Scott Weyand, Fall 2019 Schedule:
- August 5 & 21: Vets Lounge, 9am - 3pm
- September 4 & 19: Vets Lounge, 9am - 3pm
Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Vet Centers:
- Josh Ricketts, Vet Center Coordinator: Fall 2019: 3rd Wednesday of every month in the Veterans Lounge, starting Sept 18.
- Jason Digiannantoni, Vet Center Counselor, Fall 2019: Jason will be in the Veterans Lounge on Fridays from 10am - 12 Noon, every 2 weeks starting Aug 30
Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Outreach Social Worker, John Provenzano:
- Fall 2019: John will be in the Vets Lounge on the 1st & 3rd Mondays from 9am - 1pm, and in SAS Room 105D (by the MilVets Office) on the 2nd & 4th Mondays from 9am - 1pm.
We look forward to serving you!