Ohio State's Office of Military and Veterans Services
"Consider that today, 50 ROTC cadets in your graduating class will become commissioned officers in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines. 130 of your fellow graduates have already served -- some in combat, some on multiple deployments. Of the 98 Veterans earning bachelor's degrees today, 20 are graduating with honors. And at least one kept serving his fellow Veterans when he came home by helping to start up a campus organization called Vets4Vets. As your Commander-in-Chief, I could not be prouder of all of you." -- President Barack Obama, The Ohio State University Commencement, May 5, 2013
The Office of Military and Veterans Services is the university's single point of contact for all military and veterans services and concerns. The office strives to ensure the academic success of Ohio State's student-veterans. Any student utilizing VA education benefits must work with this office as part of their registration and enrollment in The Ohio State University.
Some of the office's services include:
Manage the VA certification and registration for all Veterans education benefits to which Student-Veterans and dependents are entitled.
Coordinate all VA education benefit and payment activities with Buckeye Link, the Office of the Registrar, the Bursar, Financial Aid, and Student Records.
Assist students with accessing essential university services such as Academic Exploration & Advising, Student Advocacy, Counseling & Consultation, and Disability Services.
Connect students with State and Federal agencies that support veterans.
Our Location & Hours:
185 Student Academic Services Building (Mon-Thurs 8:30am-4:30pm; Fri 8:30am-4pm)
281 W. Lane Ave, Columbus, OH 43210
Michael Carrell, Assistant Vice Provost & Director, 614-292-3898
Michael Forrest, Director, Veterans Transition & Services, 614-292-7047
Josh Clasen, Sr Veterans Benefits Specialist, 614-292-4506
Gina Lee, Veterans Benefits Specialist, 614-292-3453
Amanda Patterson, Academic Advisor, 614-292-6908
- Angela Abel, Dept of VA, VetSuccess on Campus Counselor, 614-688-1602
Amanda holds walk-in Academic Advising hours during the following days/times below:
- Tuesday & Thursday from 9am-12pm and Wednesday from 1-4pm
Angela holds walk-in during the following days/times below:
Students are welcome to call and make appointments for times outside of these hours.
The following partners will also be holding office hours on a recurring basis in our spaces:
OSU Counseling and Consultation Services:
- Fall 2018 Schedule: Danielle Henn will have walk-in appointments in the Younkin Success Center on the 1st Wednesday of the month from 12-1 PM. You can also schedule an appointment with her through the center at 614-292-5766--please note that you are a military-connected student when calling.
OSU Career Counseling and Support Services:
- Fall 2018 Schedule: Ryan Wilhelm will be in the Veterans Lounge the 4th Wednesday of the month from 9 AM -12 PM.
Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Healthcare Fall 2018 Schedule:
- October 3 & 31, Ohio Union, 12th Ave, Mobile Unit, 9am - 3pm
- October 17, OSU Newark Campus, 9am - 3pm
- November14, OSU Marion Campus, 9am - 3pm
- November 28, Ohio Union, 12th Ave, Mobile Unit, 9am - 3pm
Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Vet Centers:
- Josh Ricketts, Vet Center Coordinator: Fall 2018: Josh will be in the Lounge on same day the VHA Healthcare holds its second OSU visit each month.
- Jason Digiannantoni, Vet Center Counselor, Fall 2018: Jason will be in:
- 1st Thursday of the month, SAS Room 105D (by the MilVets Office) 9am -1 pm
- 2nd Thursday of the month in the Veterans Lounge from 9-11 am
- 4th Thursday of the month in the Veterans Lounge from 1-3 pm
Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Outreach Social Worker, Tim Durham, Fall 2018: Tim will be in the Veterans Lounge on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month 9am - 1pm, and in SAS Room 105D (by the MilVets Office) on the 2nd & 4th Thursday of the month 9am - 1pm.
We look forward to serving you!